Wednesday 13 June 2012

À Bientôt


In less than twenty-four hours, I will be landing in my hometown for the first time in nearly four years. Much has changed since then.

When my story last left off (in terms of Montreal trips), I was back home in the aftermath of my shattered relationship. Starting to put my life back together again, I was invited to fly east instead of my father and stepmother flying west to see me, what they were originally going to do for my wedding to my ex. There was still much inside me covering the turmoil.

A year later, it was another story. With many of my post-engagement goals in tatters, there was no longer anything to hide behind. The past few years since then have been roller-coaster-ish to say the least. And all of it happening three time zones and thousands of miles away from my folks. I am not sure if they have been able to pick up on anything over the phone during our bi-weekly calls (my voice has begun to change), but it has not come up; or more accurately, I have never brought it up because of a certain tense conversation from years ago.

So, as I fly home for my father and stepmother's wedding, I do so looking forward to a celebration, but also to some tense, but necessary, conversation. So much catching up to do. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. Fingers crossed here too. You are such a wonderful person and deserve to be treated as such, always always always.

    ReplyDelete